Week 9: Topics. One and Two

Topic One:

1. An instance where I was part of a group called, My Future My Choice, and we went to a middle school to promote abstinence and educating children about sexual triggers. We had to talk through a song with the kids and point out the promiscuity within the song. We played “Birthday” by, Katy Perry, and talked through the lyrics. We did this to protect children from the songs corrupting influence.
Link to Katy Perry’s song: https://g.co/kgs/uEfyor

    2. I felt shocked at how many seductive messages were in the song and I felt uncomfortable explaining the song to middle schoolers. I was also shocked because I listen to some music like that and it was crazy how many sexual references were in the music that I have overlooked.

3. My favorite genres are; R&B, Hip/Hop, and Pop. My favorite artists are; Chris Brown, Future, Rihanna, Michael Jackson, and Enrique Iglesias.

Topic Two:

1. In some ways it seems feasible and in some ways it does not seem feasible. It seems feasible because it would be a good program for those students wanting to get into the radio field. It could also be a good news source other than the newspaper. And it could get more students involved in school activities. It does not seem feasible because, it would probably be underfunded, if it was not taught right it could be boring, and not very interesting. And who would get involved?

2. Two services the station should adopt is keeping people updated on sports and the news. And also, maybe involving traffic reports for commuters and maybe throw in a game show type thing to keep the station interesting.

3. I recommend that the students should fund the station by going to local businesses and see if they would be willing to sponsor the station for free advertising. And then maybe doing some fundraisers like, car washes, bottle drives, or bagging groceries.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Week 6: Topics 1 and 2

Week 3: Topics 1 and 2

Week 8: Topics 1 and 2